disk space used by repositories

René Verheij
Is there any way I can find out the amount of diskspace used by (each) repository?

As in: where can I find the separate files / folders for each repository on the hard drive that contain the actual data?

Tnx!

René

Re: disk space used by repositories

Jeen Broekstra
On 4/11/13 10:59 am, René Verheij wrote:
> Is there any way I can find out the amount of diskspace used by (each)
> repository?
>
> As in: where can I find the separate files / folders for each repository
> on the hard drive that contain the actual data?

Assuming you're running your repositories in a Sesame Server, you can
just go to http://localhost:8080/openrdf-sesame/home/overview.view in
your browser, and click "System" in the navigation menu. You will see
the application config details, including the directory used for storage.

See also
http://openrdf.callimachus.net/sesame/2.7/docs/users.docbook?view#chapter-datadir-config
.

Regards,

Jeen

Re: disk space used by repositories

René Verheij
sorry, asked too early. found it myself:

$ cd /usr/share/tomcat6/.aduna/openrdf-sesame/repositories/
$ du -h

6.6M for roughly 800.000 triples at the moment. That's what I needed to know! (looking for a VPS)

2013/11/3 René Verheij <[hidden email]>
Is there any way I can find out the amount of diskspace used by (each) repository?

As in: where can I find the separate files / folders for each repository on the hard drive that contain the actual data?

Tnx!

René

Re: disk space used by repositories

René Verheij
I always get this message

"You are currently accessing an OpenRDF Sesame server. This server is intended to be accessed by dedicated clients, using a specialized protocol. To access the information on this server through a browser, we recommend using the OpenRDF Workbench software."

when trying to access openrdf-sesame

never tried getting around that yet. (had no need)

On 4/11/13 11:10 am, René Verheij wrote:
> I always get this message
>
> "You are currently accessing an OpenRDF Sesame server. This server is
> intended to be accessed by dedicated clients, using a specialized
> protocol. To access the information on this server through a browser, we
> recommend using the OpenRDF Workbench software."
>
> when trying to access openrdf-sesame

Yes. Well, that's true for almost everything you need to do with a
Sesame Server (querying, adding data, etc), which is why that message is
there.

But for some administrative stuff (like seeing config details or log
messages) you can still access the server directly via a browser.

> never tried getting around that yet. (had no need)

"Getting around it?" Just click on "System" in the navmenu on the left,
that's all :)

Cheers,

Jeen

Re: disk space used by repositories