base uri on writers

Sergio Fernández
Hi,

I have a question about the Rio Writers: is there any way to serialize
RDF with a base uri?

I've been looking in the WriterConfig
http://openrdf.callimachus.net/sesame/2.7/apidocs/index.html?org/openrdf/rio/WriterConfig.html
but I didn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
--
Sergio Fernández
Senior Researcher

Re: base uri on writers

Peter Ansell-2
Hi Sergio,

There is a stalled pull request on BitBucket to implement this for Sesame-2.8. Feel free to comment there to stimulate the conversation.

Cheers,

Peter

> On 16 Apr 2014, at 12:49 am, Sergio Fernández <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about the Rio Writers: is there any way to serialize
> RDF with a base uri?
>
> I've been looking in the WriterConfig
> http://openrdf.callimachus.net/sesame/2.7/apidocs/index.html?org/openrdf/rio/WriterConfig.html
> but I didn't find it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Sergio Fernández
> Senior Researcher
> Knowledge and Media Technologies
> Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
> Jakob-Haringer-Straße 5/3 | 5020 Salzburg, Austria
> T: +43 662 2288 318 | M: +43 660 2747 925
> [hidden email]
> http://www.salzburgresearch.at

Re: base uri on writers

Sergio Fernández
Hi Peter,

right, I didn't see it:

https://bitbucket.org/openrdf/sesame/pull-request/207/do-not-merge-yet-ses-1871-support-writing

As I wrote there, I vote for pushing this feature in the upcoming
versions, maybe for 2.9.x. Because it may be very useful for
implementing LDP clients:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp.html#h5_ldpc-post-rdfnullrel

I'll check tomorrow the patch with more detail, and give some more
feedback about it.

Thanks, Peter.

Cheers,