Sesame Workbench - Exporting/importing saved queries

Sesame Workbench - Exporting/importing saved queries

Fabian Cretton
Hi,

Is there any easy way to export/import the saved queries ? For instance from one repository to another, or  from one instance of the worbench to another

Thank you
Fabian

Re: Sesame Workbench - Exporting/importing saved queries

Visser, Dale
No, there isn't. I could well imagine a feature on the saved queries page, say, a button labelled "Copy..." that allowed to select another repository to save to. However, that feature doesn't exist at present.

Is there any easy way to export/import the saved queries ? For instance from one repository to another, or  from one instance of the worbench to another

Thank you
Fabian

Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and their applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field, this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech

Re: Sesame Workbench - Exporting/importing saved queries

Fabian Cretton
and if not by the interface, is there any way to easily copy a bunch of query without having to re-create them one by one ? For instance, is there a way to copy a disk folder, or execute SPARQL queries to extract them from a repository and insert them into another ?

thanks
Fabian

Re: Sesame Workbench - Exporting/importing saved queries

Visser, Dale
I recall that I implemented stored queries in a local repository on the Workbench server, not accessible by the client. Looking at https://bitbucket.org/openrdf/sesame/src/344c7976bba504905614d38097df3454a2721e99/core/http/workbench/src/main/java/org/openrdf/workbench/util/QueryStorage.java?at=master, and examining my development machine, I see that the local repository is at $CATALINA_HOME/.aduna/openrdf-workbench/queries

I don't know of a way in the included clients (Console and Workbench) to easily access this private repository. Each of the clients works via a repository manager that expects to track all accessible repositories via a connection to a location with a SYSTEM repository.

If the ability to copy and move saved queries between repositories is desired, I recommend filing an issue in the JIRA tracker. I understand your frustration at not being able to do this. For now, my only answer is to open the Saved Queries page, expand all queries and copy/paste into a text file. That suggests to me that an easier-to-implement feature might be "Export all saved queries", which would might compile a RDF representation pulled from the private storage repository for you to be able to import into an accessible repository.

Re: Sesame Workbench - Exporting/importing saved queries

Fabian Cretton
Thank you for the detailed information. I will do it manually, no problem.
And thank you for this "saved queries" features which is really nice.

Fabian