Omitting logging?

Christian Hachenberg
Hi

I use SESAME as library only via openrdf-sesame-2.7.2-onejar.jar in
classpath.

I followed the instructions at
http://openrdf.callimachus.net/sesame/2.7/docs/users.docbook?view#chapter-lib-install
regarding configuration of logging messages. However, I still get DEBUG
messages like "[main] DEBUG org.openrdf.sail.memory.MemoryStore -
Initializing MemoryStore..." and so on...

I use logback (logback-classic-1.0.13.jar, logback-core-1.0.13.jar and
logback-access-1.0.13.jar are in classpath) and have also installed the
bridges for jcsl (jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.5.jar) and log4j
(log4j-over-slf4j-1.7.5.jar) over slf4j (slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar also in
classpath).

Can anyone point me to the right tip? Or how can I switch off logging
messages by SESAME and included libs like Apache httpclient etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Christian

Re: Omitting logging?

Peter Ansell-2
Hi Christian,

The packages on your classpath look suitable. Logback may default to logging at the "debug" level, which is very verbose and not suitable for production. I am not familiar with logback configuration methods, but the package name that you will want to switch to "warn" level to reduce the debugging significantly is "org.openrdf".

Peter

On 13 June 2013 00:29, Christian Hachenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jeen Broekstra
On 13/06/13 2:29 AM, Christian Hachenberg wrote:

> Hi
>
> I use SESAME as library only via openrdf-sesame-2.7.2-onejar.jar in
> classpath.
>
> I followed the instructions at
> http://openrdf.callimachus.net/sesame/2.7/docs/users.docbook?view#chapter-lib-install
> regarding configuration of logging messages. However, I still get DEBUG
> messages like "[main] DEBUG org.openrdf.sail.memory.MemoryStore -
> Initializing MemoryStore..." and so on...
>
> I use logback (logback-classic-1.0.13.jar, logback-core-1.0.13.jar and
> logback-access-1.0.13.jar are in classpath) and have also installed the
> bridges for jcsl (jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.5.jar) and log4j
> (log4j-over-slf4j-1.7.5.jar) over slf4j (slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar also in
> classpath).
>
> Can anyone point me to the right tip? Or how can I switch off logging
> messages by SESAME and included libs like Apache httpclient etc.?

Two things:

1. have you set up a logback configuration file (logback.groovy or
logback.xml) to be included in your project? This will control where log
messages should go (to a file, to console, ...) and what level of
logging should be shown (debug, info, warn, ...). If no configuration
file can be found, logback will default to debug-level logging directly
to console. See http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html for more
details.

2. possibly, your inclusion of logback-access on the classpath is
causing trouble. As far as I know, logback-access is not necessary and
in fact is really only intended to be included at the level of a servlet
container (e.g. tomcat), not at the level of individual (web) applications.

Cheers,

Jeen

Re: Omitting logging?

rameshgowtham
ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext.LoggerContext loggerContext = (LoggerContext) org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory();

loggerContext.stop();

These statements disabled all the console outputs from logger.