Documentation - where is the HTTP API?

Barry Norton-2

The old documentation is no longer available at:

www.openrdf.org/doc/sesame2/system/ch08.html

The documentation link points at:
http://openrdf.callimachus.net/sesame/2.7/docs/users.docbook?view

But the old Chapter 8, which Google and memory suggest is where the HTTP API was, seems to be missing.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me how to access the default namespace for a repository as a resource?

I.e. I can access …/repositories/mine/namespaces/skos but not …/repositories/mine/namespaces/[default]

Barry

Re: Documentation - where is the HTTP API?

Visser, Dale

Is this what you’re looking for? :

http://openrdf.callimachus.net/sesame/2.7/docs/system.docbook?view#chapter-http-protocol

Re: Documentation - where is the HTTP API?

Barry Norton-2

Yes, many thanks.

I think http://www.openrdf.org/documentation.jsp should point at the system documentation as well as the user documentation, no?

Barry

Re: Documentation - where is the HTTP API?

Barry Norton-2

Question below still stands (not answered in System documentation):

> In the meantime, can anyone tell me how to access the default namespace for a repository as a resource?

> I.e. I can access …/repositories/mine/namespaces/skos but not …/repositories/mine/namespaces/[default]

Barry

Re: Documentation - where is the HTTP API?

Visser, Dale

Barry:

Looking over the code responsible for handling, I see your issue. There are two URL patterns in play:

·         <SESAME_URL>/repositories/<REP_ID>/namespaces and

·         <SESAME_URL>/repositories/<REP_ID>/namespaces/<PREFIX>

Default namespaces would be referenced with an empty string to retrieve them from the underlying map objects. However, giving an empty string for the <PREFIX> parameter results in it being interpreted in a request pertaining to all namespaces. A solution would be to allow a special string to represent the default namespace in the URL, such as your [default]. I think [default] could work, especially if it is normally a non-allowed value for a namespace prefix.

You should file a new item in the issue tracker describing the issue and possible fix: https://openrdf.atlassian.net/browse/SES

Best regards,

Dale

Question below still stands (not answered in System documentation):

> In the meantime, can anyone tell me how to access the default namespace for a repository as a resource?

> I.e. I can access …/repositories/mine/namespaces/skos but not …/repositories/mine/namespaces/[default]

Barry

Re: Documentation - where is the HTTP API?

Tim Harsch
I also noticed the System docs disappeared from the main page.

From: Barry Norton <[hidden email]>
Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:49 AM
To: Sesame discussion list <[hidden email]>

Yes, many thanks.

I think http://www.openrdf.org/documentation.jsp should point at the system documentation as well as the user documentation, no?

Barry

Re: Documentation - where is the HTTP API?

Jeen Broekstra
On 3/10/13 4:49 AM, Barry Norton wrote:
> Yes, many thanks.
>
> I think http://www.openrdf.org/documentation.jsp should point at the
> system documentation as well as the user documentation, no?

Yes, good point. Fixed now.

I will try and take care of the link inside the user documentation ASAP.

Jeen

Re: How to set the Maximum results

Visser, Dale

I don't know of a way to limit results from the RepositoryConnection Java API, other than through the use of SPARQL (or SeRQL) queries. Both languages have a LIMIT # construct that can be used to limit the number of returned results. Similarly, for the HTTP interface, use SPARQL Graph Store functionality (http://openrdf.callimachus.net/sesame/2.7/docs/system.docbook?view#graph-store-support), with a SPARQL query including LIMIT clause as the body of the GET request.

Re: How to set the Maximum results

Fernando Hernandez
Hi,

you could use the utilities in org.openrdf.queryrender.builder [1] for building your queries programmatically and then render them using org.openrdf.queryrender.sparql.SPARQLQueryRenderer.

Cheers,
Fernando

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Visser, Dale <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don't know of a way to limit results from the RepositoryConnection Java API, other than through the use of SPARQL (or SeRQL) queries. Both languages have a LIMIT # construct that can be used to limit the number of returned results. Similarly, for the HTTP interface, use SPARQL Graph Store functionality (http://openrdf.callimachus.net/sesame/2.7/docs/system.docbook?view#graph-store-support), with a SPARQL query including LIMIT clause as the body of the GET request.

[[ While waiting for the approval in the sesame list with this email account, I quickly ask you if you can help me on this beginner question ]]

How can I set or change the value of the maximum results of triples in sesame?

Any pointer or answer will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Ghislain

> Question below still stands (not answered in System documentation):

>>In the meantime, can anyone tell me how to access the default

>>namespace

> for a repository as a resource?

>>I.e. I can access …/repositories/mine/namespaces/skos but not

> …/repositories/mine/namespaces/[default]

> Barry

> -------- October Webinars: Code for Performance Free Intel webinars

> can help you accelerate application performance.

> Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the

> most from the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts

> and register >

> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60134791&iu=/4140/ostg.c

> lktrk

Ghislain Atemezing

EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department Campus SophiaTech 450, route des Chappes, 06410 Biot, France.

e-mail: [hidden email] & [hidden email]

Tel: <a href="tel:%2B33%20%280%294%20-%209300%208178" value="+33493008178" target="_blank">+33 (0)4 - 9300 8178

Fax: <a href="tel:%2B33%20%280%294%20-%209000%208200" value="+33490008200" target="_blank">+33 (0)4 - 9000 8200

Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~atemezin

Re: How to set the Maximum results

Visser, Dale

I had forgotten this change. The API documentation could definitely use some additions demonstrating how one would build up the equivalent of some SPARQL query using this API, and then invoke it.

[[ While waiting for the approval in the sesame list with this email account, I quickly ask you if you can help me on this beginner question ]]

How can I set or change the value of the maximum results of triples in sesame?

Any pointer or answer will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Ghislain

> Question below still stands (not answered in System documentation):

>>In the meantime, can anyone tell me how to access the default

>>namespace

> for a repository as a resource?

>>I.e. I can access …/repositories/mine/namespaces/skos but not

> …/repositories/mine/namespaces/[default]

> Barry

> -------- October Webinars: Code for Performance Free Intel webinars

> can help you accelerate application performance.

> Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the

> most from the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts

> and register >

> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60134791&iu=/4140/ostg.c

> lktrk

Ghislain Atemezing

EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department Campus SophiaTech 450, route des Chappes, 06410 Biot, France.

e-mail: [hidden email] & [hidden email]

Tel: <a href="tel:%2B33%20%280%294%20-%209300%208178" target="_blank">+33 (0)4 - 9300 8178

Fax: <a href="tel:%2B33%20%280%294%20-%209000%208200" target="_blank">+33 (0)4 - 9000 8200

Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~atemezin

Re: How to set the Maximum results

Jerven Bolleman
I actually have an example of this, because I use it.

//Some class running queries.
{

       private final static int MAX_LIMIT_ON_HTML_PAGE = 500;

       //Method doing query
       {
                final int limit = Math.max(Math.min(lim, MAX_LIMIT_ON_HTML_PAGE), 0); //Have at least a limit of zero
                Query query = getQuery(connection, q);
                attemptToSetLimitAndOffset(offset, limit, query);
                query.evaluate(); //etc… etc...
        }

private void attemptToSetLimitAndOffset(int offset, final int limit, Query query)
        {
                if (query instanceof SailQuery) //Can't use this for virtuoso but real sesame stores such as Owlim, bigdata and native or memory work
                {
                        ParsedQuery pq = ((SailQuery) query).getParsedQuery();
                        if (pq instanceof ParsedTupleQuery || pq instanceof ParsedGraphQuery)
                        {
                                final DetectAndAdaptSlice detectAndAdaptSlice = new DetectAndAdaptSlice(limit, offset);
                                try
                                {
                                        pq.getTupleExpr().visit(detectAndAdaptSlice);
                                } catch (OpenRDFException e)
                                {
                                        log.error("Can not change the offset or limit", e);
                                }
                                if (!detectAndAdaptSlice.isDetected())
                                {
                                        Slice sl = new Slice(pq.getTupleExpr(), Math.max(0, offset), Math.max(0, limit));
                                        pq.setTupleExpr(sl);
                                }
                        }
                }
        }

private final class DetectAndAdaptSlice
            extends QueryModelVisitorBase<OpenRDFException>
        {
                private final int limit;
                private final int offset;
                private boolean detected = false;

                private DetectAndAdaptSlice(int limit, int offset)
                {
                        this.limit = limit;
                        this.offset = offset;
                }

                @Override
                public void meet(Slice node)
                    throws OpenRDFException
                {
                        if (limit < node.getLimit())
                                node.setLimit(limit);
                        node.setOffset(offset);
                        detected = false;
                        super.meet(node);
                }

                public boolean isDetected()
                {
                        return detected;
                }
        }
}
On Oct 3, 2013, at 4:44 PM, "Visser, Dale" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had forgotten this change. The API documentation could definitely use some additions demonstrating how one would build up the equivalent of some SPARQL query using this API, and then invoke it.

Jerven Bolleman                        [hidden email]
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics      Tel: +41 (0)22 379 58 85
CMU, rue Michel Servet 1               Fax: +41 (0)22 379 58 58
1211 Geneve 4,
Switzerland     www.isb-sib.ch - www.uniprot.org
Follow us at https://twitter.com/#!/uniprot