Alibaba - How to start

Paschke, Stefan
Hello!

I am interested in using Sesame and Alibaba (as POJO to 'data storing mapping') for my existing web service infrastructure serving OSLC and thus RDF.
Yet my implementation is missing a real triple store and backend for storing and querying resources.

After my first steps I found plenty of documentation for Sesame and tutorials for the first steps.

BUT where do I find documentation or just some source code demos or test cases depicting how to use Alibaba??

All I found is an Alibab API java-doc from there http://openrdf.callimachus.net/documentation.docbook?view.
Links here http://www.openrdf.org/alibaba.jsp for documentation don't work.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
  Stefan Paschke

DI (FH) Stefan Paschke
Researcher/Information & Process Management (Area A)

VIRTUAL VEHICLE
Kompetenzzentrum - Das virtuelle Fahrzeug Forschungsgesellschaft mbH

Inffeldgasse 21/A, 8010 Graz, Austria
phone: +43 316 873 9049
fax: +43 316 873 9002
[hidden email]
www.v2c2.at

Company name: Kompetenzzentrum - Das virtuelle Fahrzeug Forschungsgesellschaft mbH Legal form: Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung Head Office: A-8010 Graz, Inffeldgasse 21/A Commercial register no.: 224755y Commercial register court: Landesgericht für ZRS Graz
UID: ATU54713500

Re: Alibaba - How to start

Wenzel, Ken
Hello Stefan,

I've seen that you are using OSLC for your application.
I don't know if you are developing with Eclipse and/or with the Eclipse platform,
but we've created KOMMA, an Eclipse-oriented RDF framework.

The marketplace item is:
http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/komma-rdf-eclipse
Some initial docs (with minimal examples) are provided under:
http://komma.enilink.net/docs/

KOMMA is basically a fork of some core functionality from
Elmo and Alibaba mixed with concepts from Eclipse EMF
(adapter factories, content providers, ...).

We are also interested in adding some OSLC support,
for example an OSLC query to SPARQL translator or
a mapper from OWL classes to OSLC resource shapes.

If you are not using Eclipse or you like to develop your
application on top of Callimachus http://callimachusproject.org/
then you are better off with Alibaba.

Best regards,
Ken

Re: Alibaba - How to start

James Leigh-2
Hi Stefan,

The documentation for AliBaba 2.0 can be found here:
https://bitbucket.org/openrdf/alibaba

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions you might have, on this list.

Regards,
James

On Wed, 2014-03-19 at 11:16 +0100, Paschke, Stefan wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am interested in using Sesame and Alibaba (as POJO to 'data storing mapping') for my existing web service infrastructure serving OSLC and thus RDF.
> Yet my implementation is missing a real triple store and backend for storing and querying resources.
>
> After my first steps I found plenty of documentation for Sesame and tutorials for the first steps.
>

> BUT where do I find documentation or just some source code demos or test cases depicting how to use Alibaba??
>

> All I found is an Alibab API java-doc from there http://openrdf.callimachus.net/documentation.docbook?view.
> Links here http://www.openrdf.org/alibaba.jsp for documentation don't work.
>

> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best wishes,
>   Stefan Paschke
>
> DI (FH) Stefan Paschke
> Researcher/Information & Process Management (Area A)
>
> VIRTUAL VEHICLE
> Kompetenzzentrum - Das virtuelle Fahrzeug Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
>
> Inffeldgasse 21/A, 8010 Graz, Austria
> phone: +43 316 873 9049
> fax: +43 316 873 9002
> [hidden email]
> www.v2c2.at
>
> Company name: Kompetenzzentrum - Das virtuelle Fahrzeug Forschungsgesellschaft mbH Legal form: Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung Head Office: A-8010 Graz, Inffeldgasse 21/A Commercial register no.: 224755y Commercial register court: Landesgericht für ZRS Graz
> UID: ATU54713500

Re: Alibaba - How to start

Marcin Krystek
Hi James,

According to the AliBaba 2.0, are there any chances to add this latest version to the aduna maven repository?
http://repo.aduna-software.org/maven2/releases/

Regards
Marcin

On 19/03/2014 14:06, James Leigh wrote:
[...]

AliBaba 2.1 will be deployed to maven central, which will be after the
Sesame 2.8.0 final is released.

James