AliBaba 2.0 with sesame 2.7.7

Marcin Krystek
Hi James,

I was successfully using AliBaba 2.0-rc7 and I really appreciate your job!

Since I have finally noticed, that version 2.0 is available ;), I would
like to move to this final version. However I have noticed, that AliBaba
2.0 depends on Sesame 2.7.1 and the other components in my project
depends on Sesame 2.7.7. I have tried to change this dependency and
compile AliBaba with Sesame 2.7.7 but during test phase I found the
following error (I'm attaching the proper testsuite file):

Failed tests:
testRemoveAddResource(org.openrdf.repository.object.PropertyTest):
expected:<27> but was:<28>

Have you ever tried to compile AliBaba 2.0 with Sesame 2.7.7?
Does it look like a bug in Sesame or  is it an AliBaba issue?

I'm wondering if it is safe to use AliBaba 2.0 with Sesame 2.7.7?

regards
Marcin

TEST-org.openrdf.repository.object.PropertyTest.xml (8K) Download Attachment

Re: AliBaba 2.0 with sesame 2.7.7

Marcin Krystek
Hi,

I have looked closer to this issue.

1. I have cloned AliBaba 2.0 from the git repository. It compiles and runs all tests successfully with Sesame 2.7.1
2. I have changed in pom.xml Sesame version from 2.7.1 to 2.7.7
3. I have compiled AliBaba again, but one test fails
Failed tests: testRemoveAddResource(org.openrdf.repository.object.PropertyTest): expected:<27> but was:<28>
Now, the reason why this test fails is that it expects 27 <foaf:knows> elements but in the data source file: object-repository/src/test/resources/testcases/sesame-foaf.rdf, there are actually 28 of them.
4. I have removed one <foaf:knows> element from the data source file
5. I have compiled AliBaba again (mvn clean, mvn package) with Sesame 2.7.7. Now it compiles and run all tests successfully

The question is, why AliBaba 2.0 runs all tests successfully with Sesame 2.7.1 while org.openrdf.repository.object.PropertyTest.testRemoveAddResource test expects 27 elements and in the data source file there are 28 of them?

regards
Marcin

On 21/03/2014 17:09, Marcin Krystek wrote:
[...]

http://p.sf.net/sfu/13534_NeoTech

Re: AliBaba 2.0 with sesame 2.7.7

James Leigh-2

On Mon, 2014-03-24 at 12:59 +0100, Marcin Krystek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have looked closer to this issue.
>
> 1. I have cloned AliBaba 2.0 from the git repository. It compiles and
> runs all tests successfully with Sesame 2.7.1
> 2. I have changed in pom.xml Sesame version from 2.7.1 to 2.7.7
> 3. I have compiled AliBaba again, but one test fails
> Failed tests:
> testRemoveAddResource(org.openrdf.repository.object.PropertyTest):
> expected:<27> but was:<28>
> Now, the reason why this test fails is that it expects 27 <foaf:knows>
> elements but in the data source file:
> object-repository/src/test/resources/testcases/sesame-foaf.rdf, there
> are actually 28 of them.
> 4. I have removed one <foaf:knows> element from the data source file
> 5. I have compiled AliBaba again (mvn clean, mvn package) with Sesame
> 2.7.7. Now it compiles and run all tests successfully
>
> The question is, why AliBaba 2.0 runs all tests successfully with
> Sesame 2.7.1 while
> org.openrdf.repository.object.PropertyTest.testRemoveAddResource test
> expects 27 elements and in the data source file there are 28 of them?

Hi Marcin,

Sesame 2.7.6 changed the way it handled empty properties. In 2.7.5
Sesame would ignore empty properties (thus reporting 27) and since 2.7.6
it now includes them, due to SES-1920[1]. I changed the test data and
removed the empty entry.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://openrdf.atlassian.net/browse/SES-1920